Marketing Basics workshop
29. July.2022 – Marketing Basics workshop focusing on the four Marketing Mix, Customer-Driven Production, Importance of Marketing, Marketing Research, and Maintaining Market Share with Riham Mohammed.
Creative Hub Ethiopia monthly popup series with Women entrepreneurs
23. July.2022 – Time Management workshop by Riham Mohammed a certified Coach / Consultant in Wellness & Business.
Creative Hub Ethiopia monthly popup series with Women entrepreneurs
16. July.2022 – Creative Hub Ethiopia monthly popup series with Women entrepreneurs.Thank you to all who attended. See you next month!
16.June.2021 – Orientation Day for Creative Hub Ethiopia Members. We are beyond delighted to welcome you all!
Riham Mohammed gave an interactive workshop
15. July.2022 – Riham Mohammed gave an interactive workshop on strategic goal setting as part of soft skills training and provided a brief explanation of the process of planning using practical measures.
The intriguing concept of building a business model canvas (BMC+)
27. June.2022 – The intriguing concept of building a business model canvas (BMC+) from E4Impact Foundation, Engidashet Melaku. This short working and analysis tool is a window into how businesses actually work in detail, and is dynamic in its nature: changing through the course of our business’ life.
The Development Partners Group (DPG) visited the Creative Hub
21. June.2022 – The Development Partners Group (#DPG), which comprises 30 development agencies working in Ethiopia, visited the Creative Hub. The Hub has been established by UNIDO and Ethiopian Enterprise Development(EED), thanks to the contribution from the AICS Addis Ababa. The Creative Hub is the first place in Ethiopia that offers a wide range of services to designers, entrepreneurs, and startups to share design knowledge and develop their business skills. The hub also has a fully equipped digital library, prototyping services like 3D printing, a coworking space, and a cafeteria.
Ikagai Riham Mohammed, starting off with the Japanese word "Ikigai"
17. June.2022 – Ikagai Riham Mohammed, starting off with the Japanese word “Ikigai” (a sense of being), did an excellent job of making us look more closely at our lives, question our motivation, and re-examine our sense of self-worth
Creative Hub Ethiopia monthly popup series with Women entrepreneurs
11. June.2022 – Creative Hub Ethiopia monthly popup series with Women entrepreneurs
Preparing your pitch Deck workshop by Yoseph Getachew
9. June.2022 – Preparing your pitch Deck workshop by Yoseph Getachew. Co-Founder and CEO of RiseAddis Investment Advisory
June monthly members products and service showcase and review
4. June.2022 – June monthly members products and service showcase and review. Guest Binyam Teklemedhin, Co-Founder and Design Lead of 50Lomi Software Company spent the morning at CH meeting and advising our members.
Designverse: CoDesign for Public-Interest Services
27. May.2022 – Designverse: CoDesign for Public-Interest Services by Dr.Daniela Selloni. The emphasis of her research revolves around the process of organizing a community to design its own public services. Her case study yielded very useful conclusions both about the Co-Design process and its sustainability. This lecture is part of the Research 4 Development stories series Creative Hub Ethiopia is conducting with partnership with the Fondazione Politecnico di Milano.
Creative Hub Ethiopia celebration of it's first birthday
26. May.2022 – Creative Hub Ethiopia celebrated its first birthday! The celebration event included a presentation on the hub’s journey and accomplishments by the Hub Manager Mr. Temesgen Feseha Wude and a festive networking event. The celebration was attended by various governmental, private and development partner representatives. Opening the celebration event were United Nations Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator Dr. Catherine Sozi, UNIDO Representative Aurelia Calabro, EED Director General Office Head Mr. Mebrate Teklemariam and iceaddis Co-Founder and CEO Markos Lemma. We appreciate all organizations and individuals that have helped the hub thus far and we hope you will continue to actively participate in our Creative Hub Community.
The second phase of Design Thinking workshop
24. May.2022 – The second phase of Design Thinking workshop by Dagmawi Bedilu Degefe, concentrated on being open minded and unprejudiced towards solutions whenever challenged by ideas that are presumed to be crazy.
First phase of the Design Thinking workshop
23. May.2022 – First phase of the Design Thinking workshop by Dagmawi Bedilu Degefe focused on framing problems accurately and giving them the right emotional and logical response whilst remaining empathetic towards whoever is facing the obstacle. Dagimawi is an expert in Game Thinking and Co-Founder of Efuye Gela.
How to Market yourself with Nathan Damtew
14. May.2022 – How to Market yourself with Nathan Damtew, founder of BeBlocky
Emanuel Speedy School Students, Geneva Global Inc, EDA and Founders of Fidel Tutorial visited Creative Hub Ethiopia
12. May.2022 – Emanuel Speedy School (Accelerated learning for Africa) Students, Geneva Global Inc, Emmanuel Development Association (EDA)
and Founders of Fidel Tutorial visited Creative Hub Ethiopia. We believe potential creative manufacturers need to have the concept early on in their education. Tours and events like this help instill the notion of self reliance and production capability to our future generations.
Gender Inclusiveness Training with Kalkidan Bekele from UNIDO
10. May.2022 – Gender Inclusiveness Training with Kalkidan Bekele from UNIDO
Members’ products and service showcase and review
30. April.2022 – Members’ products and service showcase and review with Anna Getaneh, Abenezer Seife, and Nebiyou Yirga.
FabLab Week: 3D Printing Basics with Yafet Girum
21. April.2022 – FabLab Week: 3D Printing Basics with Yafet Girum. Yafet is makerspace manager, founder and CEO of an indigenous 3D Printing company called Dimir Technologies and a certified business mentor.
Product Showcasing and Feedback Session with Designer Evie Seifu
20. April.2022 – Product showcasing and feedback session with Designer Evie Seifu.
Fablab Week : Sketching and 3D Modelling with Yafet Girum
20. April.2022 – Fablab Week : Sketching and 3D Modelling with Yafet Girum.
Sketching and 3D Modelling Tutorial with Yafet Girum
19. April.2022 – Sketching and 3D Modelling Tutorial with Yafet Girum
Alternative Addis ,CUBOX_Ethiopia, Print and Frame and IBC Ethiopia Teams Visit Creative Hub
19. April.2022 – Alternative Addis ,CUBOX_Ethiopia, Print and Frame and IBC Ethiopia Teams Visit Creative Hub Ethiopia and received the membership Orientation.
Fablab Week: 2D Design and Laser Cutting Training
18. April.2022 – Fablab Week: 2D Design and Laser Cutting training with Yafet Girum.
Leather Production Value Chain Training
14. April.2022 – Leather production value chain training by LIDI(Leather Industry Development Institute) in partnership with EED(Ethiopian Enterprise Development)
UNIDO Technical working group meeting
14. April.2022 – UNIDO Technical working group meeting on Capacity building and job creation for youth and women in the textile sector in migration prone areas of Ethiopia
A special pop-up and showcase
9. April.2022 – A special pop-up and showcase organized by UNIDO, Creative Hub Ethiopia, and UNESCO to support Ethiopian women entrepreneurs.
The Creative Hub Community would like to thank Paolo Razzini
7. April.2022 – The Creative Hub Community would like to thank Paolo Razzini the International Project Coordinator at UNIDO who has contributed greatly for the establishment of this hub. We wish him all the best in his future endeavors! Ciao Ciao Paolo.
Model Casting session
2. April.2022 – Model Casting session for the Fashion Phenomenon event. Something very interesting our members are working on. We will divulge further information soon.
Market analysis Training by Amen Temesgen
2. April.2022 – Market analysis Training by Amen Temesgen
Coaching Session with Mr. Fabio D’angelantonio.
1. April.2022 – Story building, exclusivity and recognizability were the themes discussed on this week’s fashion business coaching session with Mr. Fabio D’angelantonio.
We welcomed our new members!
28. March.2022 – We welcomed our new members! They have so much talent and potential! Creative Hub will support them in realizing their innovative products and businesses!
This Month on Yegna Medrek
25. March.2022 – This month on Yegna Medrek we focused on medical innovations. We discussed the challenges and opportunities technological innovations will have on our local medical industry. The presenting innovators were Dr. Salsawit Tesfaye (Director of Center for Healthcare Innovation Office at AaBET Hospital by SPHMMC),
Kirubel Chanyalew (Co-Founder and Chief Operation Officer at ITENA) and Dr. Binyam Alemu (CEO at Blue Health Ethiopia).
Consecutive Coaching Session with Mr. Fabio d'Angelantonio
17. March.2022 – Consecutive Coaching Session with Mr. Fabio d’Angelantonio on Brand Development, Digital Marketing and International Markets.
New Media Art in Ethiopia
12. March.2022 – New Media Art in Ethiopia: A research panel and workshop about the local Creative Economy with it’s young practitioners and stakeholders.
10. March.2022 and 11. March.2022 – Designverse: Design and new technologies for sustainable future with Giulio Vinaccia.
5. March.2022 – A book review on “12 More Rules of Life” by Jordan B. Peterson with Creatives Book Club (Bibliophiles).
Celebration of International Women's Day with EED and Creative Hub
8. March.2022 – Ethiopian Enterprise Development (EED) and Creative Hub Ethiopia celebrated International Women’s Day by exhibiting Women Entrepreneur’s products in the presence of UNIDO
representative and Director of Regional Hub Ms. Aurelia Calabrò.
Creatuve Hub Ethiopia was honored to Host H.E. President Sahle-Work Zewde
1. March.2022 – Creative Hub Ethiopia was honored to host H.E. President Sahle-Work Zewde, President of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and H.E. Italian Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation Ms. Marina Sereni and UNIDO
representative and Director of Regional Hub Ms. Aurelia Calabrò.
Business Model Canvas Workshop
24. February.2022 – Business Model Canvas Workshop by Entrepreneurship Development Centre (EDC).
Design your Venture Workshop
22. February.2022 – Design your venture workshop by Entrepreneurship Development Centre (EDC)
H.E. Ms. Amina J.Mohammed Visit to Creative Hub
08. February.2022 – Creative Hub Ethiopia was honored to host H.E. Ms. Amina J. Mohammed, Deputy Secretary-General of the UNited Nations and relevant UN Representatives in a discussion with women entrepreneurs
Training Series on the formation of a legal business in Ethiopia.
Creative Hub Ethiopia at HAFW 2022
Creative Hub Ethiopia at HAFW 2022 presented live 3D Printing and prototypes made in the Fab Lab, and the services it offers.
Balager | Yohannes Feyissa a Creative Hub Member
Balager | Yohannes Feyissa a Creative Hub Member was part of the installations and Pop-Up at HAFW 2022.
Zemenay | Betselot Zewge Creative Hub Member showcase
Zemenay | Betselot Zewge Creative Hub Member showcased her new collection inspired by Seizures which are her symbol of strength and patience at HAFW 2022.
DANN | Danawit Alema, a Creative Hub Member showcase
DANN | Danawit Alema, a Creative Hub Member showcased her collection at HAFW 2022. Inspired by a shoe shiner called Barech, who is a passionate, loyal, friendly, and last but not least a big dreamer.
Rahela | Rahel Edegilign, a Creative Hub Member showcase
Rahela | Rahel Edegilign, a Creative Hub Member showcased her new collection inspired by Bogolan patterns originated from Mali at HAFW 2022. Accessorized in Collaboration with CHE member Meron Tesfaye | Mehon Crafts
WEDP Financial Support Orientation
14. January.2022 – Women Entrepreneurship Development Project (WEDP) Financial Support Orientation.
Creative Hub Ethiopia hosted the steering committee meeting for the UNIDO textile sector
28. March.2022 – Creative Hub Ethiopia hosted the steering committee meeting for the UNIDO textile sector capacity building project which will enhance the Ethiopian textile industry.
HR Management for Startups with Esayas Yeyesuswork.
Decision Making as a skill with Riham Ali.
Problem Solving through Design Thinking with Bezawit Fisseha.
Running a Business in Ethiopia
23. December.2021 – Running a Business in Ethiopia with Kibret Abebe, Founder and CEO of Tebita Ambulance.
17. December.2021 – Designverse: Patterns, digital printing and fashion by Monika Varga
The Journey of Gaber Wear
11. December.2021 – The Journey of Gaber Wear with Jennet Lemma, Founder and Managing Director of Gaber Wear.
Members Experience Sharing/ Networking Session
Design your life with SelamYihun.
03. December.2021 -Designverse: Inspiring Images by Enrico Castelli
Lomi Leather Manufacturing Site Visit
26. November.2021 -Designverse: Luxury Fashion Business by Fabio d’Angelantonio ex-CEO of @loropianaofficial premier luxury brand with a valuation of 2.7 Billion euros.
Event Planning Workshop III
25. November.2021 – Event Planning Workshop III with Dagim Wondifraw from African Mosaique
Branding with Ahmed Omer
19. November.2021 – Designverse: Storytelling in Design ll with Giulio Vinaccia
Event Planning Workshop ll
18. November.2021 – Event Planning Workshop ll with Dagim Wondifraw from African Mosaique
Offsite Workshop Visit
13. November.2021 – Offsite Workshop Visit of Alternative Addis, CUBOX, Print and Frame and Exhibit Africa
Potential of Leather Industry in Ethiopia
16. November.2021 – Potential of Leather Industry in Ethiopia with Teshome Kebede, Former CEO of Genuine Leather PLC
12. November.2021 – Designverse: International Design Lecture Series by Giulio Vinaccia
Building your Brand from the Ground Up
10. November.2021 – Building your Brand from the Ground Up with Ruth Gabriel, Founder of Alternative Addis and Daniel Mesfin, Managing Director of Exhibit Africa.
Experience sharing with Nathan Damtew
9. November.2021 – Experience sharing with Nathan Damtew Founder/ CEO of BeBlocky and Social.ly
Creatives Community with Temesgen Feseha
Event Planning Workshop
4. November.2021 – Event Planning Workshop with Dagim Wondifraw from African Mosaique.
3. November.2021 – Digital Marketing with Frezer Tesfahun from Summer Media | Social Media Consultancy
Members Product/ Service Showcasing and Review
30.October.2021 – Members Product/ Service Showcasing and Review with Anna Getaneh and Creative Hub Team
A Fashion Hackathon session
27.October.2021 – A Fashion Hackathon session with Fashion Designer Michaela Engst
Experience sharing with Alexander Hizikias
Experience sharing with Alexander Hizikias, CEO/Co-founder of equb App, CEO of Alexander Hizikias Couture and Co-Founder of The Goat Café.
Color Theory with Yohannes Tessema
Basic Principles of Graphic Design with Yohannes Tessema
Lecture About Ikagai With Riham Ali
Lecture about Ikagai with Riham Ali. Ikagai, a Japanese concept meaning “reason for being”. “Iki” means life and “gai” means Value or Worth.
Consecutive Photoshop Training
Introduction to Graphics Design by Yohannes Tessma from Greater Academy
Experience sharing with Successful Female owned SMEs – Alemtshay Lelissa, Creative Director & GM of ORNA’s Handicraft and Hirut Zeleke, Designer & GM of Shirsir Ethiopia.
Experience sharing with Successful Female owned SMEs
Art.Vs Design with Yohannes Tessema from Greater Academy
Fundamentals of Marketing
30.September.2021 –Fundamentals of Marketing with Riham Ali.
Strategic Goal Setting and Time Management
29.September.2021 – Strategic Goal Setting and Time Management with Riham Ali.
20.September.2021 – 23.September.2021 – FabLab training at Creative Hub Ethiopia.
18.September.2021 – Startup Journey and Design Thinking with Dagmawi Bedilu, co-founder of Efuye Gela.
8.September.2021 – FeSMMIPA Visit Series on Electro plating.
Digital marketing Training
6.September.2021 – Digital Marketing Training by Frezer Tesfahun.
3.September.2021 – Visual Merchandising Training given by Dagim Wondifraw from African Mosaique.
2.September.2021 – Gender Inclusiveness Interactive Training with Kalkidan Bekele
FSMMIPA visit to the Workshop
23.August.2021 – 26.August.2021 – Ongoing FabLab Training at Creative Hub Ethiopia, covering Laser Cutter Machine, 3D Modeling Software, 3D Printing and Product Development.
Yenetta Code visit to Creative Hub
21.August.2021 – Yenetta Code is a social enterprise committed to exposing ubiquitous computer programming skills to primary school kids from different communities in Addis Ababa.
Screening of an award winning short film- Canvas
21.August.2021 – Screening Canvas, “After a heartbreaking loss, a grandfather struggling to reclaim his passion for painting finds the inspiration to create again.”
Incubation Center visit at FSMMIPA
Wellness and Self Engineering Session
14.August.2021 – Wellness and Self Engineering session with Yoftahe, Founder & CEO of Khul Holistic Development Center (KhulWorld.com).Architect and an Internationally Certified Yoga & Meditation Instructor and Personal Excellence Trainer.
Photoshop Practice Day
13.August.2021 – Photoshop Practice day with our members.
Visit to Gem Stones Workshop at FSMMIPA
11.August.2021 – Gemstone Workshop held at FSMMIPA for members of Creative Hub Ethiopia. Gemstones is one of Ethiopia’s untapped treasures.
Screening of The True Cost Documentary
7.August.2021 – Screening The True Cost, a documentary film exploring the impact of fashion on people and the planet.
Digital Marketing Training
6.August.2021 – Ongoing Digital Marketing training at Creative Hub Ethiopia; covering SEO, Google Ads, Email marketing and Google Analytics..
Visit to Textile Workshop at FSMMIPA
4.August.2021 -Visit to the Textile Workshop at FSMMIPA, where traditional weaving and modern looms are being produced. Traditional craftsmanship with modern design is at the heart of today’s emerging designers.
30.July.2021 -Photoshop Training at Creative Hub Ethiopia.
Visit to the Ethiopian Leather Industry Development Institute
30.July.2021 – Members of Creative Hub Ethiopia visit the Ethiopian Leather Industry Development Institute – LIDI. An institution built by the Ethiopian government to support the local leather industry.
FSMMIPA’s Wood Workshop
28.July.2021 – Members of Creative Hub Ethiopia visit FSMMIPA’s Wood Workshop and learned multiple ways of implementing wood into a desired product.
26.July.2021 – Samson Sileshi, photographer and content creator for sukmarket, an African e-commerce platform that connects merchants with consumers, Sharing key ideas on creative photography for digital content with the founder of sukmarket Noha Nega and sales supervisor Kaleab A. Asfaw.
Production Efficiency and Sustainability
FeSMMIPA Metal Foundry Workshop
14.July.2021 –Creative Hub Ethiopia members visit to the metal foundry and workshop at FSMMIPA, where they saw multiple ways of using and implementing metal into manufacturing.
Bamboo Training Workshop
13.July.2021 –Creative Hub Ethiopia members visit the FSMMIPA Bamboo training workshop. With Ethiopia’s huge potential for bamboo production accounted for 67% of Africa’s resources presents a huge potential for our creatives.
13.July.2021 –Earlier this week, we had a lecture in the in’s and outs of fashion with a fashion context class. It was very engaging and insightful.
History of Fashion
12.July.2021 –We here at Creative Hub Ethiopia believe that we can learn from the past and reshape our future and that’s exactly what we tried to understand with a history lesson on how fashion has come a long way, looking at where we came from to draw a sketch of where we’re going.
10.July.2021 -We had an insightful seminar about Visual Merchandising by our guest speakers Anna Getaneh from African Mosaique.
How To Draft A Business Plan
08.July.2021 -On July 8, members of Creative Hub Ethiopia had an engaging workshop on how to draft a business plan.
Introduction to Digital Marketing
02.July.2021 – On July 2nd we had our first “Introduction to digital marketing” training given by Utio Connect. The training mainly consisted of introducing members to commonly used digital marketing terms and aiding them by using a case study of a clothing apparel business and how they used digital marketing to grow their business. The training gave clear insights to members about why going digital was a fruitful endeavor and how media has grown from just traditional ads to much more complete digital landscape.
Gender Inclusiveness for creatives
29.June.2021 – Some topics are discussed so often, they become a metaphor and we do not want Gender Inclusion to be one of them! On June 29, 2021 Creative Hub Ethiopia started off the week with a relevant topic. Gender Inclusion! Members learned and discussed the basic concept of gender, awareness and impact of gender-based issues, the concept of inclusion, gender equality, and many more. We would like to thank UNIDO for conducting this training and will continue to do so, on a monthly basis.